Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: Hitting Life's Reset Button

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Hitting Life's Reset Button

Good Evening!

So a bit of a rambly / lifey post this evening.

This weekend I just felt so, for want of another word, crap. I was frustrated and antsy and I just could not work out what was wrong. Then all of a sudden it hit me, I wasn't living my life.

Now, this sounds silly, but what with moving house, having a holiday, graduating, getting two new jobs (more on that in another post), and organising a surprise party for my Mum and Dad's 25th Wedding Anniversary (which was a huge success!), I just haven't had time for me.

So this Sunday I hit life's reset button. I mentally reset myself. I have been living in this flat now for what? 2 months? And although all my stuff is in it's rightful place, my head is not. So I made a promise to myself that this was no longer going to be the case, that I can make time for everything in my life and be happy.

I started by deciding that although I work until 4pm every day apart from Tuesday (5:30pm), I am going to continue to work until 5 by means of cleaning the house. Therefore I will get my weekends to do things I want to do, instead of spending half the time cleaning.

Secondly, I am making time for me. There are things in our lives that we neglect, that take us 5 minutes and make us feel so much better. Such as, in my case, moisturising after a bath and treating my hair to a bit of TLC. These silly little things make me happier, and therefore I am making time for them. I am also making sure I have a 'proper' treat twice a week; Wednesday, because Wednesday sucks (well apart from next week, it's my birthday!), and Sunday, because Sundays are made to be lazy. So as it is Wednesday, I have just had a bath, bobbed on a hair mask and my posh Elemis Cleanser masky thing and just had a nice old soak, and after what can only be described as an awful day, I feel tonnes better. I should also mention that having dinner at Sam's helped immensely too!

Speaking of Sam, I am also making more time for friends, although, because most of my friends live away this is quite difficult. But being around people that I love makes me a lot happier.

Lastly, I am trying to make time to do things I want to do (besides pampering myself). Be it reading a book, doing some knitting, watching YouTube or writing a blog. I am of the belief that this is MY life, therefore I deserve time to do things that make me happy. 

So yeah so far this week things are working pretty good with my new schedule. I hope to get Wii Fit into this as well, because I really need to get fit, and right now I can't afford the gym, so yeah, that's the next stage of my plan.

I hope that this post has been of some interest to you, and that hopefully you can take something away from it, and try and 'reset' some things that you are unhappy / frustrated with. I just think sometimes it's good to take a step back, re-evaluate and move forward in a way that makes you feel more positive.

So, sorry if I have rambled, but I felt I really wanted to share this with you in the hope it would inspire other to take charge of their lives!

Until next time, :)
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)