Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: A tanning moisturiser that never tanned?

Friday 21 September 2012

A tanning moisturiser that never tanned?

Good Evening!

So if you have read my blog for a while, you will know I am a huge fan of Simple, however, I have come across a product of theirs that I feel somewhat let down by...


This is Simple's Sun-Kissed Moisturiser, that is supposed to help build a "light gradual tan". Now, this is a good moisturiser, in that respect, I have no complaints. But, it does not tan, at all, ever. I have nearly used the whole bottle over summer, and I have not developed any sort of tan. Though, as you can see by the bottle cap, this moisturiser does become tan coloured. I really don't get it. I don't know if it is what I was using it with or what, but I really don't think that my make-up, or my Simple Cleanser and Toner, should have had an effect on the performance of this product. 

I wouldn't say the Simple brand has let me down, I still love their products, but I really wanted to have some sort of tan on my face this summer, and that just did not happen with this product. Towards the end of summer I ended up pairing it with this product...


This moisturiser came from Tesco, and was pretty cheap, less than £5, and is an actual tinted moisturiser. I mix it with the Simple one in the vague hope it will kick start the Simple one to actually develop a tan, and also to just use them both up. It's passed summer now, so I want to move on to a richer moisturiser soon. I really like this product though. It gives a really light sheen to the face and a good base for my make up. It's a bit shiny but it feels nice and soaks in well. So for summer it's been a really good product and I would buy it again. My sister Rosie has other products from this range and has been very impressed. 

So yeah, I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried either of these products and what you think about them.

So, until next time :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)