Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: June GlossyBox

Wednesday 20 June 2012

June GlossyBox

Good Evening.

I know I was supposed to post last night, but I had an impromptu sleepover with Sam, due to her needing to view some flats today, I am pleased to say she has got one and will be moving here soon! I can't wait! 

So yesterday my GlossyBox arrived, which is always exciting...




 So once again the box came beautifully presented in pink and black. So now to what I got...



 It was pretty hard to miss this box! This cleanser, toner and moisturiser set from Dermalogica will be ideal for my holiday, miniatures are awesome! I am pleased to see the moisturiser is SPF 15, it's always important to protect your skin. At £12 for a full size kit, I would say this is really good value, unless this is the full size kit, then I would say it was a bit steep. So yeah, when I get back from Menorca I will give you the low down on this!


 Speaking of miniatures, this DermaBlend kit from Vichy will be great for my holiday as my tan develops. I don't plan on wearing foundation in the day, just mixing some tinted moisturiser into my SPF 30 facial moisturiser, or the SPF 15 from this GlossyBox. But yeah, this is great, such a nifty gift in the GlossyBox. A full size Ultra-Correction Foundation Cream Stick is £19, so it's great to have so many shades to try. 



I am also pleased to see more BM Beauty in the GlossyBox, I really liked the eye pigment I received the other month. However, this bronzer is in a pretty small container, I think I need to press it into a bigger pot so I can use it without throwing it all over the place. The full size of this product is £8, which is pretty reasonable, the full size is 4 times the size of this pot. I will let you know how I get on.


I always like to try a new mascara, though the name of this sort of put me off. 'Sexy Pulp' is by Yves Rocher. I am excited to try it though, I still don't think I have found 'the one' as far as mascaras are concerned, so I am always on the lookout. The full size of this product is £16, which is quite a lot of pennies, but I would pay it for something I thought was perfect for me.


 And finally, we got this GlossyBox Serie Exclusiv Pro Beauty Brush, which is some pretty neat advertising on GlossyBox's part. What slightly disappoints me is that this brush is goat hair, as opposed to synthetic, compared to my elf and body shop brushes, this one is pretty rough. It will get some use no doubt, but I can't see it being a favourite. I am interested to know other people's opinions on the goat hair brush, as general opinion seems to favour synthetic brushes.

All in all I am pretty pleased with my GlossyBox, I like the theme of summer miniatures that GlossyBox went with this month, given me a few bits to try on holiday!

In other exciting news, the Olympic Torch relay made it's way through York yesterday, so obviously we went to watch it go by. 


The lovely gentleman carrying the torch is Stan Wild, gym coach for York Gymnastics Club and former gymnast. It was great to see it go by, I felt very patriotic and proud to be British.

So yeah, that's it for today, I am majorly tired from a couple of long days walking, and I went to try a gym tonight and did some swimming. Tomorrow I am going to visit my friend in Huddersfield to do some 'cheap ass' shopping, basically; Ikea, B&M Bargains and Primark, lovely :)

See you soon!


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the things you got!
    Good shopping tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :)

    Ended up getting loads but already packed for hols!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)