Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: (OOTD) Purchases from York Does Vintage (and others!)

Saturday 10 March 2012

(OOTD) Purchases from York Does Vintage (and others!)

Good evening!

I hope everyone has been enjoying the lovely sunshine! I certainly did, I made my way over to the York Does Vintage Event today, at the Merchant Adventurer's Hall in York, and it was fabulous! I met so many lovely people and took so many photos. For this reason the full post on the event will come tomorrow, so I have more time to edit all the photo's and do the event the justice it deserves!

So tonight instead I will show you the OOTD, and my purchases from the Vintage Fair, and tomorrow will come the mammoth post, mentioning all the lovely businesses I chatted with and took photos of!

So here's my outfit...

Jumper- TopShop Sale, £18
Belt and Dress- Vintage, inherited from Grandma
Leggings- Select, £4



Mint Coloured Roses- Matalan, £2
Necklace- Matalan, £2.50


So now to my purchases of today. I really didn't intend to spend anything, hence going with no cash. However, I did pick up a couple of bits and pieces with the spare change I had. First was this little cute rose in a box. Now, I am not sure why, or what this is for, but it's cute and it was a pound so I thought why not? This was from Two2New, an enterprise business.


(I also picked up something for Rosie's birthday, but obviously I am not going to show that)

Now THIS, is the reason I had to go and get cash. I spotted this Otazu necklace whilst taking photos of the Love Vintage Furniture stand, and just started to behave like a magpie... I love shiny things! I umm'ed and aah'ed about it for the rest of the time I was taking photos and decided that I had to ring home to get permission to buy it! (I would have been told off you see). This necklace was £35. Now this may seem a lot, but this company is still around and they still do AMAZING pieces like this. Have a look at http://www.rodrigootazu.com/ it will seriously blow your mind! Anyway, I checked on ebay and necklaces similar to this are being sold for £30 upwards, the majority being around the £100 mark. So I really do consider this a bargain, and something I will treasure. On a side note, it is damn heavy! But I will wear it! 


With it's original bag!

Another thing I picked up as I was about to leave was this bunting. I usually find that this is quite expensive, and although I have wanted some for ages, I have not been able to justify spending a lot of money on it. I know there is time and effort involved in making it, and if I had more money, I would have bought some ages ago. Anyway, when I spotted this at the Cool Crafting stand for £3, I just had to have it! I can't wait for it to go in mine and Rosie's house!


After the Vintage Fair I thought I would have a browse down Fossgate, as I don't get down that street very often. Anyway I popped into Supersave, which is a brilliant little shop to pick up bits and bobs very cheaply. I managed to get myself an oil burner (after buying all that oil in Poundworld!). This was a cheap and cheerful £1, and it supposed to represent a piece of bamboo. I think it's quite interesting, and for £1 I am pretty happy with it :)



 The final thing I want to show you came through the post yesterday, and it is a ratty related product. Now some people may not like rats, but mine are like my children. I love them very dearly, and to me they are more like little dogs than rats, they are very intelligent, loveable and deserve to be spoiled. Hence their new carrier...


Yes, this may be something that you are more used to seeing a teacup Chihuahua in, but my boys deserve to travel in style too! Besides, the bag looks amazing and is a perfect pastel colour for this spring. It also comes with a handy purse to keep your 'people' belongings in. I bought this from ebay for £4.99, plus around £7 postage, as it will not collapse, it is very sturdy which I think is a good thing. I am thrilled with it! I just hope the boys feel the same!

Anyway, it's time for some sleep, my legs are shattered after today! I will leave you with a picture of me and Ollie, Stan was getting comfy in the dog bed on the sofa next to me at that point. 


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. my love's sister had a rat! it was the sweetest thing. your rat looks so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) He's a lil trouble maker, my other rat Stan is a sleepyhead!

      I followed you on Blog Lovin' your blog looks lovely :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)