Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: (WLW) It's so Shiny!

Wednesday 15 February 2012

(WLW) It's so Shiny!

So... did everyone have a good Valentines Day?

I had a lovely chilled out evening!

Bit of a random collaboration of a post today, but hey, let's just go with it!

First things first, I just have to share with you that my daily views have tipped over the big 100! So I just want to say thank you to everyone who is reading, it means a lot!

Now, something that I now have a small obsession with since Xmas... Swarovski Charms. My boyfriend bought me a lovely Vivienne Westwood charm bracelet two Xmases ago, and I love it dearly. However, since then I have only bought (or been bought) two charms for it, and I have been generally disappointed with their selection, especially in the York store, (which I found out at the weekend, has closed down!). My mum asked me if I would like a charm for the bracelet this year, and I struggled to find one in the VW collection that I liked, so I started look for alternatives. This is when I found Swarovski's Charm Collection, and instantly fell in love!


(The three inner charms are Swarovski, the outer two are Vivienne Westwood)

The two Vivienne Westwood charms I do have I do love a lot. The detail on this shoe is great, and I love the vivid blue. However, I do feel that the VW charms could do with a bit of sparkle! This charm was £40, and I am unsure whether it is still available to buy new.


And this is why I love Swarovski! Check the sparkle on the little mushroom! It's unbelievably cute and sparkly! I got this for around £25 in the Swarovski sale after Xmas. I love the little face. They have several charms with faces, and I love them all!


Speaking of faces, I was torn between the mushroom and the ice cream when I was in the shop, so I accidentally got both! The colours are awesome! I think you get a lot of sparkle for your money. Again this was around £25 in the sale, I am not sure if I would pay £55 for it (approximate full price), but I will be keeping a look out for Swarovski sales in the future for more of these beauties!


This next charm is my favourite charm ever! As you know, I have a slight obsession with Pandas, so mum got me this beautiful Panda charm for Xmas. This was £50, and because of my love on Panda's I would pay it (especially considering Vivienne Westwood charms are £40 and lack the sparkle of the Swarovski Charms). Anyway, who could resist that face....


This was the first charm I got for my bracelet, my lovely boyfriend bought it when he bought the bracelet. I love this little shoe, it's so bright. It's one of the only charms that has always been available, (I really had my heart set on buying a stamp charm that was available when the bracelet was bought, but it was never in stock again!), most charms have only been available for a few weeks. One thing I would say though is that some of the 'silver' is starting to wear off, as you can see in the picture, and I have tried to take the best care possible of this bracelet, so not sure what's going on there...


 I don't know if it's because VW haven't made a lot of money on them, or whether they have just lost interest. But I was excited to create a collection of VW charms, and this just hasn't materialised for me. I am relieved to find that Swarovski offer a shiny (and in some ways better) option to continue to create my charm bracelet collection. I have my eye on the cute little whale next. Swarovski Charms are available here. There selection is amazing, there is something for everyone, and some are great prices for gifts.

So I guess the reason I wanted to make this post was to let people who have Vivienne Westwood bracelets, that there are other options to build up your collection. And for anyone else looking for a lovely charm collection, Swarovski also sell charm bracelets and necklaces, so what are you waiting for? 



So aside from my love for all things shiny, today is in fact Web-Link Wednesday, and after quite a list last week, this week I only have one. I don't know how many people have heard of http://www.everything5pounds.com/, but if you haven't, you should look. I just ordered quite a haul from them, and I will be posting about it once it arrives, but judging from the reviews already on the site, I am not about to be disappointed! But yeah, I am excited to see what comes through the post soon :)

And one last thing... I went to the National Railway Museum today, to see the Harry Potter train, (I LOVE Harry Potter!), so I thought I would share this with you:


So there we have it! See you soon...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)