Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: (OOTD's) Bit of a haul, and a Glossy Box!

Tuesday 21 February 2012

(OOTD's) Bit of a haul, and a Glossy Box!

So I am back!!

London was nerve wracking, but I find out wether I have got the job in the next week or so, luckily I don't have to wait a long time!

Here is a picture of my suit for my interview...


Blazer and Skirt- New Look
Shirt- H&M
Tights- M&S
Shoes- Ted Baker
Brooch- had ages

Now for my travelling to London Outfit


Cardigan- Everything5pounds.com, £5 (derr)
Grey Long-Sleeved T-Shirt- New Look, had ages
Panda Vest- Everything5pounds.com
Shorts- Primark, £5
Leggings- Select, £4

So there we have it for OOTDs! Today was exciting for several reasons, the first being the arrival of my Glossy Box...


As I opened it

This is my second box and I am just as excited to try all the new products. The first I pulled out was the Impress Press-on Manicure. This looks pretty interesting. I will probably have a go with this at the weekend. I have a lot of tidying to do this week so don't want to put them on and rip them straight off. A set is usually £17.40, so I am expecting good things from this set.


Moving on to the Paul Mitchell Quick Slip. This is a conditioning and styling product that is £14.25 for 150ml, the sample in the Glossy Box is 25ml. I don't normally use styling products as such, but I will give this a go and let you know how I get on.


I am very interested in the next product, the Duwop Venom Gloss. This is a half size sample, a full 10ml product costs £16. It looks a lovely colour, and I look forward to trying it out soon! I have had such a busy day that I just haven't had time for much testing!


As a lover of eyeshadow I am really pleased with the BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow. I love the colour, I got 'Wolf Howl' a beautiful deep purple. This is a half size sample, and there seems to be plenty in it. A full 2g pot is £7.00, which, depending on the quality of this product, may or may not be reasonable.  


The smell of this next product is AMAZING, my only issue is that I think I would have preferred this as a bubble bath, rather than a shower gel, but all the same, I am excited. This is the Como Shambhala Invigorate Shower Gel. It is mixture of Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender and Peppermint. I think I will be disappointed when I get though this 50ml sample, a full size 300ml bottle is £20, so if I love it, it may be a birthday request. I have not heard of this brand before, so will be interested to see if they do other products with this scent. I love lavender you see! 


I also had a wonder into town today, I only went to pick something up, and ended up meandering into a couple of shops, one being Body Shop. After the Murad Primer in the last Glossy Box, I decided I needed a primer, and was advised, with my oily skin, that the colourless, matte it Primer may be suitable. I did love the texture of it when I tested it, and at £11, it is a lot more reasonable than the Murad primer. I will let you know how I get on with this. I also picked up another face base, I needed a refill, and I got a nude lip pencil. Make up was on 3 for 2 and then another 20% off, so I got all this for £20, which I think is pretty reasonable.


I also 'fell' into Topshop, on a mission for Rosie, but happened to notice the jewellery sale. I just picked up this bracelet and earrings for £1.50 each, so can't really grumble at that!


Another place I went on my travels today was HomeSense. I LOVE that shop. It has some wonderful things in it, and for crazy cheap prices! I have never seen insulated lunch bags before today, but I just had to have one! I thought it was so pretty, and quite reasonable for £7, it's like a neoprene material and is a really good size, ideal for college and work. I also got this sports bottle for £2.99, it has a detachable ice pack in the middle to keep your drinks cold, ideal for the hopefully warm summer! I plan on using my drink to keep the whole lunch bag cold.


I have been toying with the idea of reorganising my jewellery, and I think I found a solution in this over the door hanger, it was £9.99 and I love the blue jewels on it! I am going to spend this weekend re-organising my room, so I may take some pictures when I am done.


A treat for the ratty boys now. I didn't realise HomeSense did pet equipment. I have been looking for some sort of bed for them for a while, for when they are out on the sofa with me. I would have had a pink one, but felt mean as Stan and Ollie are obviously boys. So I got this uber soft bed for £12.99 (similar ones in Pets at Home were £25!) It is so soft! I want a bed just like this! The boys are in it now and seem to love it.


This product was a bit of a splurge, but it's something I am likely to keep for a long time. This set of drawers was £50. They are faux pink snake skin and is going to be my new jewellery, make-up and nail varnish case. What's brilliant is that Glossy Boxes stack two high and two side by side in each drawer, with some space left over, so there is plenty of room for organisation into boxes! I am starting to sort everything into it so I will probably take some pictures when I have done, after the weekend.


Well while I was in London for my interview, it would have been rude not to visit Harrods itself, so I did, and I treated myself to a pen :) Whilst in HomeSense I spotted this beautiful little notebook for £2.99 to keep in my handbag with my pen. I always wish I had a pen and paper on me and now I do :)


So there we have it! Quite a long post to make up for my 2 days off! I am going to see Spamalot tomorrow, so will probably be back on Thursday!

Toodles :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)