Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: (OOTD, FOTD) e.l.f. Review

Tuesday 14 February 2012

(OOTD, FOTD) e.l.f. Review

So first thing's first... Happy Valentines Day!

Hope people are having a lovely day :)

So have a couple of things to get through today, then going to get an Akbar's (yes, it's a takeaway, but today is a treat, right?!?).

First the OOTD, felt like a bit of pink today... (excuse my camera, it seemed to think the flash was unnecessary...) 


Jumper- Vintage, inherited from my Grandma
Dress- New Look, around £7 in a sale wayyy back!
Leggings- Irregular Choice, Xmas present (I love the bright pink down the back!)
Belt- Primark, £1 for three :)
Rose- Valentines present <3

Necklaces- New Look (short), Primark, (pocket watch)
(Random rose hair slide)

And for the first time I am going to do a FOTD, this is partly because I was testing out some of my new e.l.f products...





On my Face:
- YSL Touche Éclat, shade 1
-Murad Facial Primer (Glossy Box item)
-Body Shop Pressed Face Powder, shade 2
-NYC Sun 2 Sun Bronzing Powder
- e.l.f. All Over Colour Stick, Pink Lemonade*

On my Lips:
- e.l.f. Mineral Moisturising Lip Tint (SPF 8), Blush*

On my Eyes:
- Body Shop Shimmer Cubes, Dusted Silver, Hushed Orchid
- Vivo Pearl Eyeshadow, Electric Purple
-e.l.f. Cream Eyeliner, Gunmetal*
- Helen É Eye Pencil, Black
- Clinique High Impact Mascara, 01 Black 

(* reviewed below)

(would just like to add that I got distracted mid post by Indian food, mmm =D )

So anyway, moving on (now very very full!), I was very very excited to see this come through the post today!


I ordered a couple of treats from e.l.f only four days ago!! (talk about fast delivery!) So straight away I wanted to try out everything... so I did :)

So the first thing I picked up was the all over colour stick. This product can be used on eyes, lips, and face, which makes sense coming from this brand! I chose the colour pink lemonade. At £1.50 I don't think you can go wrong, I love the colour and it blends so easily into a lovely blush colour, (really subtle as seen above), but can be layered up to make a darker shade. I see myself using this a lot, and I think it would be great to keep in your handbags for touch ups.


Straight off the stick

Blended in

I am glad this is out of focus, because you can see the lovely shimmer!

Next, another product I have instantly fallen in love with is the Mineral Moisturising Lip Tint (SPF 8). I LOVE this! Not only does it go on great and give a lovely colour, but it tastes amazing! (Perfect for Valentines Day ;) )I think £3.50 is amazingly reasonable for this product, I also love the packaging. 



Such a delicate colour

Now I haven't fully tested the next product yet, but I am excited. This is the Mineral Lipstick in Cool Coral. This was also £3.50 and again I am delighted and love the packing. I think the e.l.f packaging makes you feel like you own a high end product, but for a fraction of the price, props to your packaging and design departments! I am looking forward to perfecting my use of lipsticks, and I will definitely be showing you this product when in use.



Another product I have used today is the Cream Eyeliner in Gunmetal. I am pleased to see that it came with a brush as this is my first cream eyeliner. I think the angled brush is great and does the job perfectly. I found it easy and smooth to apply and I love the colour! I think that at £2.45 I would definitely look at buying this in other colours once I become more confident with cream eyeliners. And once again, I love the packaging.



Can be built up to make it darker, I think it's perfect for a smokey eye!
The final product I treated myself to was a Nail Polish in Smokey Brown. I currently have my nails painted, so haven't had the chance to try this yet, but this will be the next colour on my nails. I think it will look great on its own, or twinned with my Models Own Gold crackle. I will have a play, but for £1, yes £1, you really can't go wrong. The range on the website is unbelievable! So many colours I want to try so if I get on with this, I will definitely be looking to purchase more, because, why spend money on expensive brands when you don't have to?!




So there we have it for today. I have to say that I am thrilled with my products from e.l.f. (thanks Sam for letting me know about them in the first place!), and I can't wait to try more in the future.

Well now it's time for a glass of red and a movie with my man, so, enjoy the rest of your evening everyone, lots of love :)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)