Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: I had time to pick up a magazine!

Tuesday 7 February 2012

I had time to pick up a magazine!

At the moment my life seems too busy for magazines! This is a shame as I love keeping up to date, but right now I am even finding it hard to fit in any reading that is not business related, (I am dying to get through the new Vampire Diaries and both Steve Jobs' and Louie Spence's autobiographies). But for my journeys to and from Manchester at the weekend I treated myself to a couple of magazines to pass the time.

The one that stood out for me was Company magazine. If I am honest, as a pound-saving student, the £1 special price caught my eye. I have read company before, and enjoyed it, so I thought 'why not?'

I didn't realise when I picked it up that it was their 'new launch' magazine, and I have to say I love it! The new paper they have used feels lovely, I don't know if it's recycled or not, I would be interested to know this. I also like the doodles and mood board / sketch book type feel of the pages. I show you some pictures, so you see what I mean :)


I don't know if you notice in the pics that the pages are not as glossy, I really don't think this is a bad thing. I like that Company have dared to stand out from the crowd.

The pictures below show the little 'scrawls', handwriting and labels that create a sketch book effect, (in my opinion anyway).





I think this somehow makes the magazine more personal, and more in touch with the reader. We all know we like a good doodle, and I think this speaks to the reader, that Company are on our level. It's less formal, and looks more like a degree fashion sketchbook than a glossy like Vogue. I like this, I think that Company are aware who their readers are and what they are looking for.

So hats off to Company for their fresh new look!

What do you think?

(Thought it better be a shorter post today after the mammoth yesterday! Also I worked until 6 so I haven't had as much time!)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)