Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: Glossy Box Update, and some unexpected bargains!

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Glossy Box Update, and some unexpected bargains!

Good evening! Have you noticed the Blog Tweaks? Let me know what you think!

Running a bit late tonight as I was chatting to the lovely Rosie, but I have tested all the February Glossy Box products. This will be a mixture of old and new photos...

So first is the imPRESS Press on Manicure. I have literally just put these on so time will tell, but so far I am happy with how they look. I also love the packaging, I think it's quite quirky for the nails to come in a bottle. I found them quite easy to apply, there is a handy tab to show you which way they go on the nail. It says that they should last a week, so I will let you know how it goes. I think these retail around £17, so I don't think I would pay this for stick on nails. But if these last a week I will be impressed.



Next is the Paul Mitchell Express Style Quick Slick. This product is brilliant, not only did it keep my hair in place, but afterwards it left my hair silky smooth. This impressed me a lot! I sometimes find that once products are brushed out they leave my hair dry, but not this. This is £14.25 for a 150ml, and I am not sure I would pay this at the moment, but if I had the money, and I wore my hair up more, I definitely would.


On to the DuWop Lip Venom. All I have to say is WOW THIS TINGLES! Seriously, for about five minutes, I was wondering if they put pepper or something in it! It was bordering on uncomfortable, so I am not sure if I am sensitive to it. I love the sheen of this gloss, however it is a very very sticky formula! I swatched it in the hope you could see the shimmer better. In the photo I have teamed this with my Body Shop Lip Pencil in Nude, but in the future I would probably also wear a colour underneath, and use this to add a bit of shimmer. This product retails at £16, so I will enjoy using the sample, but I don't think I would purchase a full size tube, because of the 'too-tingly' factor!



I love loose pigments so I was happy to see this in my box, the BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eye Shadow in 'Wolf Howl'. I love this colour. Below I have done a thick and a thin application and I am pleased with both. I would wear it on its own thinly, but would combine with blacks and greys for a smokey eye if I was using a thick coverage. At £7 for a 2g pot I think this is quite reasonable for a pure mineral pigment. I would consider getting these in other colours, if the money would allow. Being a student at the moment means I am scrimping and saving, but hopefully I will find a more stable job soon! Then I can afford pretties like these :)



The last product is the Como Shambhala Invigorate Shower Gel. I actually LOVE the smell of this! I wish it had more lasting power on the skin and I want everything to smell like this! Seriously, Shampoo, Bubble Bath, everything, I would use it all! I did do some research on the company and found that it is a spa and hotel brand and is quite pricey, for example a 300ml bottle of this is £20. But they do gift packs with smaller samples for around £12, and I would be thrilled if someone bought me one! Anyway, you get the picture. I love this product, it doesn't do anything particularly amazing for the skin, it feels the same as any other good quality shower gel, but the scent is second to none!




 So there we go, Glossy Box done and dusted, let me know what you thought of the products this month.

Today I took a little trip to Budgens, (my local little supermarket thing, like a Tesco Express, I know they are a chain but there don't seem to be that many), and discovered these candles in a bargain bin for 50p each! What a bargain! I had to buy several as they look beautiful and at 50p, that's only £2.50's worth right there. I haven't been sleeping well and will do anything to get back into a good cycle! So I figured a nice scented candle, a chapter of the Steve Jobs Biography and my Sound Asleep Pillow, (more on that in another post), might help me to drift off. The candles have quite a strong, yet pleasant, generic candle-y potpourri smell, although they all claim to be different scents. I guess I will see once they are burning. 



So that's it for tonight. College tomorrow, so I really should go and try and sleep, but I have just got distracted watching One Born Every Minute USA. No, I don't want kids just yet, I just really like this show!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)