Find me on Google+ So says Lu...: This Week in a Nutshell

Saturday 2 April 2011

This Week in a Nutshell

I really don't know where this week has gone! It just feels like I have floated along and I don't have that much to show for it!
In college on Monday I continued to work on both my FMT2 and WRL4 projects. I am quite comfortable with the amount of work I have to do for FMT2, and I do feel that now I have a bit more clarity, that I have more direction for my WRL4 project. 
Tuesday I didn't go to college because there was mentions of me going to help with styling for the fashion show at Fashion City York, the first fashion event in York, which my employer Bill Baber Knitwear, is involved in. It's quite exciting for me because it means I get to be involved too! Unfortunately the organisers decided that they did not want retailers involved in the event to be present at the styling. So instead I got on with my college work from home, and worked more on FMT2 as I am keen to get this project done now.
Wednesday I had House of Colour training at work. The House of Colour help people to understand what colours and styles suit them and offer lots of services to help transform not just your wardrobe, but your lifestyle as well. The training was very informative, but I do feel I should have been making notes, because there was a lot to take in. Also while I was at work, I took advantage of the fact that I work for a small business and asked Jack, my boss, to help me with my 'accounts' for WRL4. He helped me to make realistic estimates and projections for my business. When I got back from work I started another InDesign sketchbook for my WRL4 project and I am very pleased with the overall look of it.
Thursday was pilates day, and I was definitely in need of it, I have let things slide recently. I also went on a bit of a shopping trip and got the bits and pieces that I need to make my bag charm for FMT2. The lady in Craft Basics on Gillygate was very helpful and I managed to get most things in there. However, I did have to venture to Barnitts, another great shop in York which sells everything, to get my clasp. In the evening I got on with more small tasks for a few of my projects.
And then to Friday, cleaning and college work day. And basically I did what it says on the tin, I cleaned, and I worked.

So that's what has been going on this week, and now I am watching Saturday Kitchen (I love food programmes!), and I am about to get ready to go down to the fashion village to help out on the Bill Baber stand. So if you're in York head down to St. Samson's Square, near the Disney Shop. I am also working tomorrow and attending the fashion show tonight, so more blogs tomorrow! I have also being waiting to post about something else, so look out for that too!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting, we read every single one and appreciate you supporting our blog :)